Policies, terms & conditions
Ontario Mandated Vaccine Certificates effective September 22, 2021
All guests checking-in to Grail Springs must comply to the following requirements as of September 22nd:
Upon ARRIVAL: Two certificates showing proof of two vaccines PLUS their ID
Prior to making a reservation and ARRIVAL: Medical Exemption Note from a doctor sent ahead of arrival plus ID plus a negative covid test certificate dated not more than 72 hours prior to arrival.
Guests who arrive with neither upon checking-in will not be granted entry and will forfeit their deposit.
- Grail Springs is a Holistic Wellness Centre, assisting guests in body-mind-spirit integration.
- Grail Springs is not a rehabilitation centre nor a medical spa facility. We are unequipped to service substance addition or mental health issues. We reserve the right to request immediate departure if an individual, staff or other guests feel they are at risk or uncomfortable with behavior that is not conducive to the centre.
- Plant-based Meals & Food Allergies – We provide a daily set menu, plant-based meals with gluten-free options. We do not ensure food is nut-free. We are not equipped to deal with food preferences, severe allergies, medical diets, customized meal plans, nor administer EPIPEN.
- Smoke-free & Vape-free – Grail Springs is designated smoke-free inside and outside including medical marijuana and vapes. Guests who ignore this policy will be asked to depart immediately and charged $250 smoke-damage fee.
- Alcohol-free - It is recommended that alcohol is not consumed in order to keep within our wellness mandate.
- Read Grail Springs Peace Intention
- Work-free zones, wifi, cell phones – In order to maintain a restful atmosphere, electronics are only to be used in guest rooms.
- Photo taking with phones and cameras is permitted while being mindful of other guests privacy.
- Quiet Hours - 9pm to 7am
Check-in 4pm: NOTE Reception Desk closes at 8:30pm
- Rooms are guaranteed ready by 4pm. A locker is available for early arrivals or late departures.
- Lunch is available on check-in or check-out day or a lunch-to-go with 24 hour notice.
- Dining room final seating is 6pm. Meals are not held past 6:30pm.
- Check-out of room is 11am for extra cleaning and sanitization protocols.
- Stays are limited to 21-nights maximum.
- Check-In's not possible after 8:30pm.
- 50% deposit is required per person to guarantee a reservation
Date Change Request & Fees - can be moved to within one year of original booking, and is subject to future rates
- 24-hour grace period: no date change fee
- 8 to 21-days prior to arrival: 25% of deposit charged plus hst
- 22-days or more prior to arrival: $100 per person plus hst
- Special offers with expiry dates are subject to future rates
Cancellations & Fees - strictly applies to all circumstances including medical and covid concerns. If you have concerns it is recommended to purchase travel insurance.
- 24-hour grace period from time of making a reservation: full deposit refunded
- 7-days or less prior to arrival: deposit is forfeited. No changes allowed.
- 8 to 21-days prior to arrival: 50% deposit refunded plus hst
- 22-days or more prior to arrival: $100 per person plus hst
Concerned about further a provincial shut down? We honour all deposits made for a booking that may fall within a shutdown period, and will send you a gift certificate for the full amount with no expiry date. Thank you for your understanding.
No Refunds will be applied for any changes 7-days prior to arrival, for late arrival, early departure or mandated shutdown:
- Refunds are not granted for any cancelation or date change requests 7-day prior to arrival
- Refunds are not granted for late arrival or early departure for any reason
- Full balance owing will be charged to pre-authorized credit card registered to the room for early departure
- Refunds are not granted for reservations that have to be postponed due to mandated government shutdowns. Gift certificate for the full amount of deposit will be assigned and with no penalty or expiry date.
Day Spa, Treatment Only and Check-In Appointments:
- Full deposit is required at time of booking.
- 24-hour grace period: full deposit refunded
- 2-days or less prior to arrival: deposit is forfeited
- 3-days or more prior to arrival: $25 admin fee per person plus hst. Balance refunded.
Using a Gift Certificate or if there a Third Party paying for your stay:
- 50% deposit is required per person to guarantee reservation. You may use all or a portion of gift certificate as your secured deposit. Same cancellation policies apply to the gift certificate deposit as if using a credit card deposit.
- Reservations paid for by a third party requires payment in full including taxes, a signed letter of authorization and a photocopy of front and back of driver's license. Must be received within 24 hours of making reservation in order to guarantee it.
Pre-Authorization and Long Term Stays:
- Guests are required to present upon check-in a personalized credit card for pre-authorization on the balance owing including add-on services, incidentals and taxes.
- Guests staying 10-nights or longer are required to make further deposits every 7-days equal to the amount of current charges.
- Tipping is by cash only and at the discretion of guests. We recommend the traditional standards of hospitality industry of 10%-20%. We do not accept tips via credit cards. Tip envelopes are available for your convenience.
Guest Speaker Disclaimer
- Evening workshops that are not fulfilled by a presenter for any reason, refunds will not be granted. We will however do our very best to find replacements for presenters who cancel unexpectedly.
Loyalty Program: Same Time Next Year?
- Ask about out Loyalty Program prior to check-out and save on your next journey!
Health & Safety Disclaimer
- Grail Springs is not equipped to host those individuals with drug or alcohol addictions, mental illness, transmittable diseases, those under a doctors care, or severe food allergies. Grail Springs reserves the right to cancel a reservation due to any of the above at any time without penalty to Grail Springs if guest has misrepresented.
Ontario Accessibility Program
- Our organization make available documents that are required by the Customer Service Standard upon request. [O. Reg. 429/07, s. 8(1) & (2) & 9(1)]
Ontario Service Dogs must be pre-approved with proof of OSDA ID
- Our organization respects the rights of persons with disabilities who have service dog companions. Guests are required to send a copy of the proper certification ID card to firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to receiving a reservation confirmation. Any person who falsely submits ID will be reported to the Attorney General as per Grail Springs obligation under the Ontario Service Dog Act. Original ID card must be presented again upon check-in. Service dogs must be present with their owners at all times. Service dogs may not be left tied up or unattended. Owners who leave service dogs unattended, or left to bark, or disturb guests in any way, will be asked to depart immediately and with no consequence to Grail Springs. Owners of service dogs agree to cover any damage caused by dogs to the premises. [Bill 80 - Ontario Service Dog Act, 2016]