Ginger & Shitake Mushroom Miso Soup
- 4 cups organic vegetable stock
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ cup shitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 bunch Soba noodles
- 2 T cilantro, chopped
- ½ t red chili paste
- 2 T miso
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine everything but the miso in a stock pot and simmer until the soba noodles and the vegetables are cooked; about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the miso just before serving being careful not to let it boil.
- Taste for seasonings and if needed, add a splash of rice wine vinegar.
- Garnish with fresh chives.