Kale Slaw Salad
Marni Wasserman for Grail Springs
I love that this is my version of “coleslaw”. It makes a great dish to bring to a summer party or to keep on hand in your fridge for a quick lunch.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Ready in 10 minutes with food processor and 30 minutes if hand chopped!
Serves – 10 or more – amazing yield!
Store in fridge for 3-4 days
- 1 bunch if kale (any variety), chopped into bite size piece with rib removed
- 1 fennel
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 beet shredded
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ cup olive oil or hemp oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-4 tablespoons raw unpasteurized honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Shred the cabbage, carrots, beets and fennel in a food processor with shredding blade or use a mandolin or hand slice into thin strips.
- In a mixing bowl, toss in all the raw vegetable ingredients (except the hemp seeds)
- In a separate bowl mix together the vinaigrette
- Combine vinaigrette with raw veggies and toss together until the cabbage and kale are well coated.
- Allow salad to marinate in fridge for a few minutes – or up to an hour, mixing in the hemp seeds just before serving.
Full of colour, texture and flavour – this is a highly nutritious salad, especially when it is topped with mung bean sprouts! By the way…the longer it marinates the better it tastes!