Cheese-less Cheese Dip
Cashew-licious! Serve up the most delicious healthy Cheese-less Cheese Dip this holiday season at any holiday pot luck gathering! Great as a veggie dip or cracker pate.
- Patty James Cooking School and Nutrition Centre for Grail Springs
In a blender combine the following:
- 2 C. cashews
- 1 C. red pepper, chopped
- 1 T. toasted sesame oil
- 3 T. nutritional yeast
- Himalayan salt to taste
- ¾ C. water
- 1 lemon juiced
It will thicken as it cools.
Wonderful served with toasted flat bread, pita break, flax crackers and/or fresh vegetables.
Health Benefits of Eating Cashews:
- has no cholesterol
- helps maintain healthy gums/teeth
- energizing food
- contains healthy monounsaturated fat for good cardiovascular health
- rich in antioxidants that help in the elimination of free radicals
- exellent source of magnesium
- promotes normal sleep patterns in menopausal women
- high copper content vital in energy production, greater flexibility in blood vessels, bones and joints