Carrot and Orange Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 6 large carrots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 of cup organic goat milk yogurt
- 2/3 of cup cashew nuts, roasted, chopped
- Heat oil in saucepan over a medium heat. Add leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes until golden.
- Add carrots, curry powder, lemon rind and organic orange juice. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Puree soup. Return soup to a clean saucepan. Heat for 4 or 5 minutes or until hot.
- Serve soup topped with yogurt, nuts and mint.