Brown Rice with Apricots, Pomegranates & Raspberry Cream
A delightful variation to serving ordinary rice...Delicious, kids will love it, and so good for you!
- ½ cup cooked brown rice per person
- 3 T nuts and seeds per person (pumpkin seeds, almonds and cashews)
- 4 dried apricots per person
- Rind of half a small orange
- Rind or half a small lemon
- 1 pomegranate
- Soak nuts and seeds in plenty of water overnight. Drain and rinse. Soak apricots with just enough water to cover overnight. Drain in the morning, but retain soaking juice.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate, discarding all the bitter white pith.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, with half the apricot soaking juice.
- Serve in individual bowls like muesli and a dollop of raspberry cream.
- ½ cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ large ripe Avocado
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Half the apricot soaking juice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour onto your brown rice and enjoy.