7 Steps to Creating Your Best Year Yet!
by Madeleine Marentette
The first full moon in December signifies the beginning of the Winter Solstice whereby thousands of people around the world begin a conscious process of inner self-reflection while also focusing on their vision for the upcoming year. For many, this process runs from the full moon before the Solstice (December 22nd ) until New Year's Day.
This practice goes back thousands of years when the Winter Solstice was one of the most important celebrations. For the Celts it marked the rebirth of the suns power, also seen as going from darkness into the light. It took root in the agricultural significance for their human survival, as well as spiritual significance. The two worlds, heaven and earth, were weaved as One. Hence, the Celtic knot.
Two decades ago I became familiar with this celebration and have been practicing it ever since. I have come to understand that solar astrology is the science of relationships between all living things within the universe. This has proven to be an amazing process in manifesting my own dreams and goals and recognizing my personal responsibility and relationship to the planet. We are significantly influenced by that which is present around us; weather, other people, world events, solar and planetary influences. How aware we are of these influences gives us a better handle on how to transform these influences into positive experiences in our life.
At the full moon in December, I set time aside to reflect and do an accounting of the year that has passed. I compare it with what I had written the year before. It never ceases to amaze me as to what has actualized, and am convinced that it speeds up the process and attracts opportunities towards me. Of course you have to align yourself with making it and allowing it to happen ~ in other words, you have to do the work.
A helpful tip...When I consider my aspirations for the New Year, I make sure I include aspirations for all of me... career, body, mind AND soul. Don't forget about your spiritual needs, the most important of all. If you are spiritually content and connected, the physical, the career, your relationships, they will get the boost they need to be fulfilled in a positive way as well.
Once you've completed even just one year, you will experience and see amazing things begin to unfold and you’ll wonder how it all happened. Through this wonderous process you will begin to feel a stronger connection with your surroundings. You'll begin to figure out how things work, and you will soon learn the keys how to have, do, or be anything you want!
Warm wishes of health, abundance and joy to you and yours!
7 Simple STEPS to getting started:
- Purchase a journal and be sure this journal is only used for the purposes of manifesting your dreams and goals. Make it small enough that you can travel around with it, put in your purse, car or briefcase.
- Ask yourself…. Did I accomplish what I set out to do this year? What did I accomplish? And how well did I do it? (there is usually one major accomplishment that stands out plus many smaller ones)
- What did I learn? What do I have to be grateful for? These answers are full of little pearls of wisdom ~ if you don’t ask or recognize, you’ll miss acknowledging the greatness of what has happened. Gratitude and knowledge are both KEYS to your desired future.
- Next – look towards the new year. What’s your passion? Get clear about what you want. More than likely ideas have already been brewing in your mind. When you ask a direct question, just wait. You’ll get pretty specific answers and when it feels right, go with it. Tip ~ The response you get always match your level of passion!
- Make New Year's Eve a special night. At some point go sit somewhere, light some candles and get quiet. Collect your thoughts. Make your commitment to YOU. Say it out loud. Read your list of goals that you desire to accomplish. For me, it includes one BIG thing, and many smaller things. And when you are done, be done. Then go have a great time with your friends and family. Celebrate the passing of the old, and the welcoming of the new!
- Right after January 1st, begin to align yourself with your goals and dreams. In other words ~ what’s the plan? What do you require to start the process? Write it down. By March 21st you want to move into action mode. I call this 'Launch Day'. Keep your eyes on the outcome all year round. At the Summer Solstice, do a reassessment. I take this time to review my goals and see where I am at. Usually at this point, things are starting to gel. The seeds I planted in March are beginning to sprout.
- Take few minutes at the beginning of each day to review how you are doing. It will bring forth new ideas to act upon. Write these in your journal for the next Winter Solstice.