A Natural Detox Facial
Deep cleansing detox facial the way Gramma used to do!
Take time this week to pay attention to your face as well as the rest of your body. Every surface of your skin is trying to release toxins. Here is a simple facial you can do at home at that is deeply relaxing, cleansing and refreshing. And you can continue to do this every few weeks permanently.
- Start off by using a gentle cleanser to remove any make up and residue.
- Fill a bowl with very hot water and add a few drop of essential oils according to your skin type (see below for some ideas).
- Lean over and drape yourself with a towel for approximately 10 minutes. Make sure you are comfortable.
- Gently pat skin dry with the towel.
- Apply mask for 15 minutes.
- Remove the face mask with a cool, wet facecloth.
- Fill bathroom sink with approximately 3 cups of cool water and add 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix. Close eyes tightly and splash face over and over again for just a minute or so. Tap dry.
- Apply your nighttime moisturizer or night serum.
Essential Oil Guide - you can use one or any combination of these
- Dry skin: geranium, neroli, rose, sandalwood
- Sensitive skin: lavender, rosewood, chamomile (you can even put loose chamomile tea in the hot water)
- Oily skin: patchouli, basil, lemongrass
- Mature skin: lavender, jasmine, geranium, rose, ylang-ylang
Homemade Facial Mask
- Mash an over ripe Avocado (just think - you never have to throw them out any more!)
- Add one tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and mix together.