Follow the Trail...
Driving Directions & Sunday Shuttle from Toronto Airport
Approximately 2 ½ hour drive from Yonge & 401
Approximately 2 ½ hour drive from Metcalfe and the 416 in Ottawa
Approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from Belleville or Peterborough
Follow our recommended directions:
From Toronto - 2.5 hour drive from Yonge Street & 401 - Scenic after Peterborough
(Important - Do not take Hwy #401 to Belleville to Hwy #62 N. This route takes 1-hour longer.)
Take Hwy #401 East (15 mins past Oshawa) to Hwy #115/#35 North. Follow Hwy #115 for 30 min to where it ends at a set of lights. Go straight through the lights. You are now travelling on Television Road. Proceed for 5 mins until you come to the first stop sign (gas station on right) and turn right. You are now on County Road #4. Travel for approx 5 mins until you come to flashing light. Turn left and then merge with Hwy #28 North and travel for approximately 80km. This will lead you all the way to the town of Bancroft. Just before the town bridge, turn right on Hwy #62 South (aka Mill St.) and follow this for 2 kms. Turn right on Bay Lake Road (opposite Rona Building store) and follow for 2 kms. Grail Springs will be on your left.
From Ottawa (Scenic - shortest route) - 2.5 hours from centre of city
This is one of the most scenic routes in all of Ontario though not recommended during winter months. Take Hwy #417 West from the city which turns into Hwy #17 West. Take Hwy #132 South to Renfrew. Proceed through Dacre and then take Hwy #41 South to Denbigh. Then take Hwy #28 to Bancroft. Once in Bancroft, go straight through the lights, then immediately turn left at Hwy #62 South. Follow this for 2 kms to Bay Lake Road an turn right. Follow Bay Lake Road for 2 kms and you've arrived.
From Ottawa (Highway - longest route) - 3 hours from centre of city
Take Hwy #7 West to Madoc. Then take Hwy #62 north towards Bancroft. Just before you get to Bancroft you will turn left onto Bay Lake Road (adjacent from the Rona Cashway store). Important note: DO NOT take the first entrance into Bay Lake Road, but rather the second entrance which is 5 mins north of the first entrance.
- Sunday Shuttle departs from Pearson International Airport in Toronto at 1:30pm. It is recommended that your flight arrive no later than 12:15pm if International flight. Arriving from the West Coast? No problem please see the travel tip below...
- Sunday Shuttle departs from Grail Springs at 10:30am to return to Toronto Airport. Ensure your international flight departs no earlier than 3:30pm to allow for traffic, security and customs.
- Our reservation desk requires the name of the airline, flight# and your cell phone # if available. Or if you are just being dropped off at the airport, let us know from which terminal (1 or 3) you would prefer to use.
- Our shuttle provider is Century Transport. Once through your gate proceed to the Ground Transportation Desk at Arrival Level at either Terminal 1 or Terminal 3. If you are running a bit late, don't panic Century will wait for you if you call them at +1 (705) 748-3961
- Important note on missed or delayed flights: Unfortunatley shuttles will not wait for flights with lengthy delays. Alternatively, go directly to the 'Ground Transportation Desk' and pay for a ticket to Peterborough on Century Transport (approx $100). Our in-house shuttle will pick you up at the Peterborough depot (approx $140 which will be applied to your room account.)
- Flying from the West Coast? As all flights from the West coast arrive late in the afternoon most clients fly in on Saturday and stay overnight at our personal favourite hotel The Sheraton Gateway Hotel at Toronto International Airport. Make the most of it and do a night on the town in Toronto using the NEW Pearson Express Train to Downtown Toronto Union Station connecting you within walking distance of the theatre district, concerts halls, sports arena's and fabulous restaurants. Catch the express back to the Sheraton, have a liesurely late check-out and jump on our Sunday Shuttle right there at the arrivals level just two minute walk from the Sheraton Gateway Hotel.
What if I cannot catch the group Shuttle?
If you have booked a stay that does not arrive or leave on a Sunday, we can arrange private transportation for approximately $240 plus tax each way depending on location. Please inquire with our Guest Services @ 613-332-0154.
Alternative Travel Arrangements - Bus, Train or Car Rental
Greyhound Bus: We offer complimentary pick up from the Greyhound bus depot located in the town of Bancroft.
Greyhound serves Bancroft with arrivals and departures on Sundays and Fridays only. Departure times are 5pm from the old post office in Bancroft. The Peterbotough Greyhound number is 705-743-8045
Train: Take the VIA RAIL Train from anywhere in Canada to Belleville, Ontario, only a one hour drive to Grail Springs Retreat. Please contact one of the Taxi services in Belleville to make your arrangements and ask for a quote. For schedule and tickets visit www.viarail.ca
Rental Car: For best travel secret check out: www.hotwire.com