Follow the Trail...
Driving Directions & Sunday Shuttle from Toronto Airport
From Toronto: 2.5 hour drive from Yonge & Hwy 401
From Ottawa: 2.5 hour drive from Metcalfe & Hwy 416
From Belleville: 1.25 hour drive
From Peterborough: 1.25 hour drive
Follow our recommended directions:
From Toronto - 2.5 hour drive from Yonge Street & Hwy 401 - Scenic after Peterborough
(Important - Do not take Hwy #401 to Belleville to Hwy #62 N. This route takes 1-hour longer.)
Take Hwy #401 East (15 mins past Oshawa) to Hwy #115/#35 North. Follow Hwy #115 for 30 min to where it ends at a set of lights. Go straight through the lights. You are now travelling on Television Road. Proceed for 5 mins until you come to the first stop sign (gas station on right) and turn right. You are now on County Road #4. Travel for approx 5 mins until you come to flashing light. Turn left and then merge with Hwy #28 North and travel for approximately 80km. This will lead you all the way to the town of Bancroft. Just before the town bridge, turn right on Hwy #62 South (aka Mill St.) and follow this for 2 kms. Turn right on Bay Lake Road (opposite Rona Building store) and follow for 2 kms. Grail Springs will be on your left.
From Ottawa (Scenic - shortest route) - 2.5 hours from centre of city
This is one of the most scenic routes in all of Ontario though not recommended during winter months. Take Hwy #417 West from the city which turns into Hwy #17 West. Take Hwy #132 South to Renfrew. Proceed through Dacre and then take Hwy #41 South to Denbigh. Then take Hwy #28 to Bancroft. Once in Bancroft, go straight through the lights, then immediately turn left at Hwy #62 South. Follow this for 2 kms to Bay Lake Road an turn right. Follow Bay Lake Road for 2 kms and you've arrived.
From Ottawa (Highway - longest route) - 3 hours from centre of city
Take Hwy #7 West to Madoc. Then take Hwy #62 north towards Bancroft. Just before you get to Bancroft you will turn left onto Bay Lake Road (adjacent from the Rona Cashway store). Important note: DO NOT take the first entrance into Bay Lake Road, but rather the second entrance which is 5 mins north of the first entrance.
- Sunday Shuttle departs from Pearson International Airport in Toronto at approximately 2:15 pm. It is recommended that your flight arrive no later than 1:15pm. Arriving from the West Coast on a late flight? Please see the travel tip below...
- Sunday Shuttle departs from Grail Springs at 11 am to return to Toronto Airport. Ensure your international flight departs no earlier than 4pm to allow for traffic, security and customs.
- Our reservation desk requires the name of the airline, flight # and cell #.
- Once you are through customs and come outside your gate proceed to the Ground Transportation Desk at Arrival Level at either Terminal 1 or Terminal 3.
- If you are running a bit late, please call Grail Springs to inform them with updates at 1-877-553-5772.
- MISSED OR DELAYED FLIGHTS: Unfortunatley Grail Springs is not responsible for shuttle costs related to missed or delayed flights. Airport shuttle will not wait for flights with more than a 45 minute delay. Alternatively, go directly to the 'Ground Transportation Desk' and pay for a ticket to Peterborough on Century Transport (approx $100) and then you can arrange for a local taxi to pick you up from there.
- Flying from the West Coast? As all flights from the West coast arrive late in the afternoon most clients fly in on Saturday and stay overnight at our recommended hotel The Sheraton Gateway Hotel at Toronto International Airport. Make the most of it and do a night on the town in Toronto using the Pearson Express Train to Downtown Toronto Union Station connecting you within walking distance of the theatre district, concerts halls, sports arena's and fabulous restaurants. Catch the express back to the Sheraton, have a liesurely late check-out and jump on our Sunday Shuttle right there at the arrivals level just two-minute walk from the Sheraton Gateway Hotel.
What if I cannot catch the group Shuttle?
If you have booked a stay that does not arrive or leave on a Sunday, we can arrange private transportation for approximately $250 plus tax each way depending on location. Please inquire with our Guest Services @ 613-332-0154.
Alternative Travel Arrangements - Bus, Train or Car Rental
Greyhound Bus: We offer complimentary pick up from the Greyhound bus depot located in the town of Bancroft.
Greyhound serves Bancroft with arrivals and departures on Sundays and Fridays only. Departure times are 5pm from the old post office in Bancroft. The Peterbotough Greyhound number is 705-743-8045
Train: Take the VIA RAIL Train from anywhere in Canada to Belleville, Ontario, only a one hour drive to Grail Springs Retreat. Please contact one of the Taxi services in Belleville to make your arrangements and ask for a quote. For schedule and tickets visit www.viarail.ca
Rental Car: For best travel secret check out: www.hotwire.com