Frittata with Spring Vegetables
Perfect for a Sunday morning brunch!
- 7 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 stalks asparagus, chop to one inch rounds
- 4 stalks green onion, chopped
- fresh basil leaves
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whip eggs in bowl with garlic, salt and pepper. Add oil to a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Sauté asparagus on low heat for 2 minutes. Then add arugula leaves and saute for another minute until only wilted.
- Add egg mixture, green onion and tomatoes. Remove from stove and cover with lid. Bake in oven for approximately 15-20 minutes watching closely until egg mixture has nicely browned. Remove from oven. Toss the chopped fresh basil and feta cheese with a little olive oil, a dash of salt and garnish over top of frittata. Suggested serving with homemade hash browns and tossed salad.